ATJI provides resources and support to help Seattle U Law students lay the groundwork to pursue legal careers that serve the public interest.
Public Interest Law encompasses legal work intended to:
- Secure justice for disadvantaged and underserved individuals or communities;
- Assert, protect and defend human rights, civil rights and civil liberties;
- Preserve and protect the world's health and resources for the benefit of the public good; or
- Promote the public's interests protected by agencies of government
Helps alumni build practices dedicated to serving clients with moderate means.
- PSJD.org: Search a huge database of public interest fellowships, internships, and jobs
- Equal Justice Works: National organization offering support and information for public interest-minded students, including information about Equal Justice Works and EJW/AmeriCorps fellowships.
- Alliance for Equal Justice: Search for jobs or internships within the civil legal aid and pro bono sector in Washington state.
- Fund Your Passion: Information from ATJI and CPD about financing a public interest career.
- Incubator and Solo Initiative: Get help launching your own practice serving clients of moderate means.
Access to Justice Institute
901 12th Avenue
Sullivan Hall Suite 313
Seattle, WA 98122-1090
Meet the ATJI Team