The Student Bar Association (SBA) is the governing organization for the law school student body. As a law student, you are automatically a member of the SBA and entitled to all benefits of SBA membership. The SBA provides funding, governance, and logistics support to the school’s many student organizations.
The SBA consists of three branches:
The Executive Board consists of three elected officers:
- President — responsible for leading all SBA meetings and is the liaison between the Dean's Office and the student body.
- Vice President — oversees the student organization and chairs the budget committee.
- Treasurer — presents student organization funding requests and is a voting member of the budget committee.
- Diversity Representative
- Faculty Standards Representative
- Academic Standards Representative
- Public Interest Representative
- American Bar Association Representative
- King County Bar Association Representative
- Alumni Representative
- Graduate Student Council Representative
- Evening Students Representative
- 1l Section Representative
- Student Services Representative
- Washington State Bar Association Division Representative
- Flex JD Representative
- Transfer & Visiting Student Representative
- Technology Director
- Communication Director
- Sergeant At Arms
- The Judicial Board oversees all elections as well as interprets the SBA and student organization by-laws or constitutions. The board consists of appointed students whose terms last for as long as he or she is an enrolled student.