Seattle University School of Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) application packet for 2021-22 is now available. The priority deadline is April 15, 2022.
Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP)
- Provides financial assistance to graduates who accept lower paying public interest employment but assistance repaying their substantial student loan debt.
- Amount: $3,000 estimated, renewable annually through reapplication for a total of five years. Recipients may receive more or less funding in subsequent years.
- Seattle U Law will lend funds to eligible recipients to help repay loans
- Fund lent will be forgiven if the graduate remains in qualifying public interest employment for at least one year after receipt and maintains applicable student loans in good standing
- Program or formula used to allocate funds are not guaranteed.
- Program may be adjusted in response to changes in budget, participation rate and indebtedness of participants.
- Limited funding is allotted by awarding the same percentage to eligible, on-time applicants.
- This loan repayment forgiveness program may be preferable to grant program because funds are not taxable as income. Consult a tax advisor for more information.
You must be:
- A Seattle U Law graduate
- Pursuing a full-time public interest legal career
- A licensed attorney.
- In work that substantially utilizes your legal training and skills.
- Working for a nonprofit dedicated to social justice, access, and non-discrimination and that has as one of its primary purposes the goal of providing legal services to or on behalf of persons or organizations that either could not otherwise afford such services or who are underrepresented in the legal system.
To apply: Complete the LRAP Application Packet by the priority deadline of April 15, 2022.
Questions: email@example.com or 206-398-4250.