From 1977 until joining the law school faculty, Professor Wing was a professor in the School of Law and the School of Public Health at the University of North Carolina. In 1989, he was named the Distinguished Health Law Teacher by the American Society of Law and Medicine. He has also been a member of the faculty at the School of Public Health and Community Medicine at the University of Washington. Professor Wing joined the faculty in 1990.
- Public Health Law (2007) (with G. Annas, W. Mariner, and D. Strouse).
- The Law and the Public's Health (7th ed. 2006) (with B. Gilbert).
- American Health Law (West/TWEN, 2005).
- The Law and American Health Care (1998) (with Michael S. Jacobs and Patricia C. Kuszler).
- The Law and the Public's Health (1976; 6th ed. 2003).
- The Law and the Public's Health: Teacher's Manual (4th ed. 1995; 7th ed. 2006).
- The Law and the Public's Health: Supplemental Cases (1991; 7th ed. 2006).
- American Health Law (1989) (with G. Annas, R. Rosenblatt, and S. Law).
- The Economic and Policy Environment of Health Care, in Health Care Corporate Law(1993, updated 1994, 1995, 1997).
- Legal Mechanisms for Civil Rights Enforcement, in Health Care in a Context of Civil Rights (1981).
- Science and Law: A Muddled Interface, in Ethology: Advantages of Diversity (1981).
- Health Facilities and the Enforcement of Civil Rights, in Legal Aspects of Health Policy(Greenwood 1980).
- Letters to the Editors of Health Matrix, 14 Health Matrix 237 (2004).
- Linking Low-income Washingtonians with Health Care Financing Arrangements, 26 Seattle U. L. Rev. 897 (2003) (with Michael G. Gordie).
- Policy Choices and Model Acts: Preparing for the Next Public Health Emergency, 13 Health Matrix 71 (2003).
- Health Care Reform in the Year 2000: The View from the Front of the Classroom, 26 Am. J.L. & Med. 277 (2000).
- Principles and Principals of the Abortion Compromise, 18 J. Health Pol. Pol'y & L. 967(1993).
- The Right to Health Care in the United States, 2 Annals Health L.161 (1993).
- Speech, Privacy, and the Power of the Purse: Lessons from the Abortion "Gag Rule" Case, 17 J. Health Pol. Pol'y & L. 163 (1992).
- Preface, 14 U. Puget Sound L. Rev. 447 (1991).
- The Supreme Court's Spring Term: Abortion, the Right to Die, and the Decline of Privacy Rights, 15 J. Health Pol. Pol'y & L. 919 (1990).
- Introduction (Special health law issue), 26 Hous. L. Rev. 1 (1989).
- Constitutional Protection of Sexual Privacy in the 1930s: What is Big Brother Doing in the Bedroom?, 76 Am. J. Pub. Health 201 (1986).
- American Health Policy in the 1980's, 36 Case W. Res. L. Rev. 608 (1985/86).
- The Emergency Room Admission: How Far Does the Open Door Go?, 63 U. Det. L. Rev. 119 (1985).
- Medicare and President Reagan's Second Term, 75 Am. J. Pub. Health 782 (1985).
- The Emerging Relevance of Antitrust Laws to the Delivery of Health Care, 75 Am. J. Pub. Health 407 (1985).
- North Carolina's Medicaid Program: The Effects of the Reagan-era Budget Reductions, 14 N.C. Cent. L.J. 313 (1984).
- Recent Amendments to the Medicaid Program: Political Implications, 74 Am. J. Pub. Health 83 (1984).
- The Impact of Reagan-era Politics on the Federal Medicaid Program, 33 Cath. U. L. Rev. 1 (1983).
- The Community Service Obligation of Hill-Burton Health Facilities, 23 B.C. L. Rev. 577(1982).
- Constitutional Authority for Extending Federal Control over the Delivery of Health Care, 57 N.C. L. Rev. 1423 (1979) (with A.M. Silton).
- Health Care Regulation: Dilemma of a Partially Developed Public Policy, 57 N.C. L. Rev. 1165 (1979).
- Title VI and Health Facilities: Forms Without Substance, 30 Hastings L.J. 137 (1978).
- The Right to Refuse Treatment: Legal Issues, 5 Bull. Am. Acad. Psychiatry & L. 15 (1977).
- National Health Planning and Resources Development Act of 1974: Implications for the Poor, 9 Clearinghouse Rev. 683 (1976) (with A.G. Schneider).
- Representation of Clients in Matters Relating to Hospital Bills, 8 Clearinghouse Rev. 541 (1974) (with S. Axelrad and P.A. Butler).
- Mental Commitment Cases of 1971 Supreme Court Term, 6 Clearinghouse Rev. 659 (1973) (with R. Carman).