Professor Weaver practiced law in Indianapolis with the firm that is now Barnes and Thornburgh. He is a founding member of the faculty of the School of Law and has twice served as associate dean for academic affairs. He was a visitor at Western New England School of Law 1979-80. He writes in the area of future interests and easements and has prepared material for the Washington Bar Association Deskbooks in Property and Commercial Transactions. He is the co-author, with William Stoebuck, of the Real Property Volumes of West Publishing Company’s Washington Practice Service.
- Washington Practice Manual Real Property (2nd ed., 2004-2005 update) (co-authored with Stoebuck).
- Present & Future Estates in Land, in Washington Real Property Deskbook. (2d ed. 1986); Chapter 8 (3d ed. 1997 & 2000 supplement).
- Concurrent estates, in Washington Real Property Deskbook (2d ed. 1986); Chapter 9 (3d ed. 1997 & 2000 supplement).
- Plain Language Laws and Plain Language Drafting, in Washington Commercial Law Deskbook. (Washington State Bar Association 1995 Revision) (with Virginia Weaver).
- 'Plain Language' Drafting, in Washington Commercial Law Deskbook. (1982).
- Technologies for Teaching Law (1999).