Oskar Rey has practiced municipal law since 1995 and served as Assistant City Attorney for the City of Kirkland from 2005 to 2016, where he worked on a wide range of municipal topics, including land use, public records, and public works. Oskar is a life-long resident of Washington and graduated from the University of Washington School of Law in 1992.
- Author of Note, Antimask Laws: Exploring the Outer Bounds of Protected Speech Under the First Amendment, 66 Wash. L. Rev. 1139 (1991).
- Rey, O. (2019, June 4) Homelessness and the Limits of Enforcement [MRSC blog article].
- Rey, O. (2019, April 22) Landlord/Tenant Issues for Water and Sewer Utilities [MRSC blog article].
- Various authors (2019, March 7) PRA and Records Management Technology Guide [web publication]. The Washington State Auditor's Office contracted with MRSC to develop and publish this Guide to assist local governments with identifying and procuring technology for Public Records Act and records retention responsibilities. Served as project manager and co-author.
- Rey, O. (2018, June 26) Food Truck Laws and Regulations [MRSC blog article].
- Rey, O. (2017, September 27) Understanding Municipal Rights-of-Way: From Centerline to Edge (Part 1) [MRSC blog article].