Hate Crimes Overview
Please join us for a Hate Crimes Overview (featuring the King County Prosecuting Office's Hate Crimes Deputy Prosecuting Attorney), which is intended to provide useful information for the community including crime victims, non-profit organizations, community leaders, concerned citizens, law students, attorneys, etc.
Following is an outline of the program:
- an overview of the State of Washington's Hate Crimes Statute and recent changes in the law;
- an overview of the statistics and trends the King County Prosecutor’s Office is noticing in King County;
- examples of cases, including meaningful resolutions and also trial examples;
- an overview of barriers to reporting; and
- an overview of the victim advocate role.
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Time: 6:00-7:30 p.m. Program; 7:30-8:00 p.m. Reception
Location: Seattle University Law School (901 12th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98122) & via Zoom
RSVP: Please register (complimentary) at https://forms.office.com/r/8rvFes7KBu.
Sponsors include: Asian Counseling and Referral Service; Chinese Information and Service Center; Filipino Lawyers of Washington; Asian Bar Association of Washington; the Asian, Filipino and Middle Eastern and South Asian Law Students Associations at Seattle University Law School; Seattle University School of Law Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; the University of Washington Asian Pacific American Law Students Association; the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association; the Organization of Chinese Americans; and the National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association.