Your registration appointments will be available on mySeattleU one month before registration begins.
Fall and Spring Semester
- You will be assigned a single appointment time.
- All courses beginning at 4 p.m. or later will be open during this appointment (excluding clinics).
- You may sign up for the clinic course lottery but are not given preference for evening clinics over full-time students.
- Courses beginning before 4 p.m. have limited seats open to part-time students. If full, add yourself to the course waitlist.
- If you enroll primarily in daytime classes, you may choose to participate in full-time registration instead. To do this, notify the Registrar at least one day before registration appointments begin. You cannot register during both part-time and full-time registration.
Full-time Students Registering for their 3L or 4L Year
You are assigned a single appointment time and may register for a maximum of 16 credits during that appointment.
Full-time Students Registering for their 2L Year
You must register in two stages:
Preregistration for Required 2L Courses (Before Fall Registration)
- Students may preregister for required fall and spring 2L courses.
- All students may preregister for a Constitutional Law I section (CNLW-200, 4 credits, fall only) and a Legal Writing II section (WRIT-200, 3 credits, fall or spring)
- Students who are in the bottom 1/3 of the class after the fall semester also pre-register for their 4-credit Bar Success Prescribed Curriculum required Trusts & Estates and Enhanced Analytical Skills Lab sections (either ESTA- 300 and LPRC-250 or ESTA-250)
- If their preferred section is full, students may waitlist and register for an alternate section.
- After pre-registration, students are locked out of mySeattleU until their registration appointment.
- Register at this time for up to 16 credits
- Full-time students may register for any course with open seats during this registration time (including evening courses). Students may add themselves to the waitlist for full courses during this time (waitlisted courses do not count toward the 16 credit limit).
Once their Stage Two appointment begins students may continue to make registration changes on mySeattleU until the Friday of the first week of classes.
Special policies and procedures apply to students who are not currently enrolled in Seattle University School of Law's JD program.
- Fall semester registration takes place in May.
- If you are admitted before registration begins, you will participate in registration lotteries and appointments.
- If admitted after registration has taken place, the Registrar will help you register for fall classes.
- You may register after all registration appointments have begun, as Seattle U Law students have priority.
- Space in specific classes cannot be guaranteed, even though you may have requirements from your home school.
For additional information, visit our Transfer/Visiting Students page.
- All students receive one registration appointment for summer
- Full-time students may register for up to 8 credits
- Part-time students up to 6 credits