International Students

Due to federal regulations, a student must be a U.S. citizen or national, a U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen (see Citizenship Documentation) in order to be eligible for financial aid and federal aid such as the Stafford loan. However, you may be able to obtain a private loan (credit check required), with a co-signer who is a U.S. resident or eligible non-citizen.

You may borrow from any private lender you wish. Please review the terms and conditions of the loan carefully. This is a list of lenders our law students have used in the past that offer loan to international students (availability of private loans by these lenders is subject to change):

Web sites with information for international students include:

For answers to any questions you have about financial aid, please contact Student Financial Services at