Community Resources

For more information about local community and Seattle University resources for childcare assistance, emergency, health, housing, social services and veteran services visit the weblinks listed below.

Childcare Assistance

  • Childcare Resources of King County - Childcare Resources, since 1990, has been a resource for parents seeking childcare, partner with childcare providers and advocate for childcare solutions.
  • Childcare referral services maintained by the School of Law Admissions, provides additional resources within King County. 


Health Care

  • King County Health Services - Health services provided by King County government. 
  • Campus Student Health Center (206.296.6300). The Student Health Center at Seattle University is directed toward enhancing levels of wellness and empowering students to be self-directed in their own care. 


  • Housing information from the School of Law Admissions office provides information about Seattle neighborhoods, a listing of off-campus apartments and roommate matching database. 
  • Tenants Union of Washington State is a tenants' rights advocate for Washington state renters.

Mental Health/Psychological Services

  • Seattle Counselors Association is a non-profit professional community of mental health providers serving the entire Puget Sound region. We are a networking organization for counselors and provide referrals for people looking for a counselor. 

Social Support

  • Basic Food Assistance - is a Washington State government resource to finding healthy and affordable food in Washington State. 
  • "Do I qualify?" (a link to short questionnaire where individuals can find out if they qualify for any support from DHSH).
  • USDA  SNAP -  Federal food assistance program. 
  • King County Social Services - Social and community services in King County. 

Veteran Support

WA 2-1-1 Community Resources

  • WA 2-1-1 Community Resources offers an online directory of health and human service programs to find resources like food banks (food pantries), emergency shelters, transportation, health clinics, rent or utilities assistance, legal help, and many more. If you need additional assistance, you can also call 2-1-1 to speak directly with an Information & Referral Specialist. 


Seattle University School of Law provides these links as a courtesy to its students. These sites are not endorsed by Seattle University. Some of these sites require personal information. We urge you to use your discretion and be careful when disclosing this type of information. We encourage you to explore your options using various resources so that you can make well informed decisions about your current and future finances.