Welcome active duty military and veterans
Seattle University School of Law is committed to serving and educating members of the military and their families. Our knowledgeable staff is here to guide you through the process, from application to graduation.
Applying to Seattle U Law
Take the LSAT for free – The Veterans Affairs’ National Testing Program provides reimbursement for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) registration, one of your first steps in applying to law school.
Paying for law school
- Seattle U Law participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which provides an additional $10,000 in funding for up to 32 JD students using GI Bill® benefits.
- Veterans are also eligible for the Seattle U Law Community Service Stipend, a one-time $3,000 award (also offered to candidates Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, VISTA, Teach for America, and other public service project experience). Candidates should indicate their service on their law school application or resume.
Veteran student life
- Many veterans have chosen Seattle U Law to earn their law degree. Learn why veterans Elyne Vaught and Ariel Hargrave embarked on this path.
- Connect with your classmates and fellow veterans through the Seattle University Veterans Community club, which also connects veterans with extensive resources, both on- and off-campus.
- For questions about eligibility and other benefits related questions, Seattle U Law’s dedicated School Certifying Official, Megan Peter, can help you with questions about eligibility and other benefits.
Preparing for your legal career
- Seattle U Law’s Center for Professional Development can assist veteran students translate their prior military service and skills into the legal profession, either through continuation of military service, transition to government, or entrance into the private sector.
- To learn more about Judge Advocate General recruiting, including the Air Force and Navy, go to On Campus Recruiting. Seattle U Law also participates in the Federal Honors Program.
Taking the bar exam
After you have finished law school, the VA also provides reimbursement for the Washington State Bar Examination. Learn more about this program at WEAMS exams.
Other Veteran Services