This intensive one-day program for legal professionals is designed to build a foundation in real-world business skills, featuring intensive study of:
- Finance and accounting principles
- Corporate management and strategy
- Current business models and the role of business plans
- The role of policies and procedures in company management
- How companies are structured and regulated
- How intellectual property strategies fuel today's high-tech businesses.
Learn from a world-class faculty from the business world, including:
- Gina Culbert, Business and IP Attorney, and In-House Legal Practice Consultant
- John Goodsill, Business Development and Sales Consultant
- John Patera, Management, Finance and Business Consultant
- Steve Tapia, Distinguished Practitioner in Residence, Seattle U School of Law (formerly of HBO, DIRECTV and Microsoft).
- Rising 2L, 3L or 4L students in the next academic year
- Recent graduates on a first-come, first-served basis.
Cost: Free of charge, however no academic credit will be awarded
- The Business Boot Camp is part of Seattle U Law’s continuing efforts to bring entrepreneurship and business acumen into the legal curriculum.
- Intended to provide a strong foundation on an expedited basis in the knowledge, skills, and values promoted in other related offerings such as the Innovation and Technology LLM program, the Community Development and Entrepreneurship Clinic, the immersion program and the Business of IP class.
- Program content highlights essential and practical business concepts, but is not intended to replace the more intensive study of Business, Tax, and similar subjects provided through traditional curricular offerings.
To register, email Steve Tapia.