Veterans Affairs Benefits

For assistance with using your VA educational benefits, please contact Megan Peter at (206) 398.4154 or e-mail

To use your educational benefits, you will need to provide a copy of your certificate of eligibility or letter stating your benefit period to Ms. Peter. If you have benefits other than the Post-9/11 GI Bill or your certificate of eligibility states you may be able to participate in the Yellow Ribbon program, please let Ms. Peter know. 

Seattle University School of Law currently participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which gives eligible J.D. students an extra $10,000 per year. There are 18 spots on the list and are first come, first served. 

The Department of Veterans Affairs is responsible for determining eligibility for VA education benefits and for authorizing payment for the benefits.

For more information, visit the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site.