The Rules of Civil Procedure
Written and produced by:
Marilyn J. Berger
Professor of Law at Seattle University School of Law
Video Narrated by:
Arthur R. Miller
Professor of Law at Harvard Law School
- The video (131 minutes) is divided into nine segments:
- Introduction (pretrial motions)
- Subject matter jurisdiction
- Rule 11
- Summary Judgment
- The Jury System
- Battle of the Experts
- Motion for Judgment as a Matter of Law or Directed Verdict
- Appropriate for Civil Procedure, Clinic, Introduction to U.S. Legal System, Professional Responsibility, Torts, and Toxic Torts classes.
- Use the video as a short introduction to emphasize a difficult concept.
- Brief sections complement the regular class lecture.
- Course book is free with purchase of the tape:
- Twenty-two problems enhance classroom discussion.
- Brief exercises allow for role-playing, writing and researching.
- Praise for the first videotape: Lessons from Woburn: The Untold Stories
- Lessons from Woburn: The Rules of Civil Procedure is a perfect complement to A Documentary Companion to a Civil Action.
Watch a clip of the video: