Veteran Benefits and Resources
Welcome Active Duty Military and Veterans
Seattle University School of Law is committed to serving and educating military members and their families. Our knowledgeable staff is here to guide you through the process, from application to graduation.
- Learn why Elyne Vaught and Ariel Hargrave chose Seattle U Law.
- Connect with your classmates and fellow veterans through the Veterans Association.
- The Seattle University Veterans Community site also provides an extensive list of resources for students with military experience.
Professional Development and Career Services
Service members come to law school with prior work experience and specific career objectives in mind. Through the Center for Professional Development, veteran students get assistance in translating those skills into the legal profession. You may wish to continue your military service, the transition to government, or enter the private sector.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The law school participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program and provides an additional $10,000 in funding for up to 18 JD students using GI Bill® benefits. For questions about eligibility and other benefits related questions, please contact our VA benefits Certifying Officer, Megan Peter, at email@example.com.
Applicants with military service are also eligible for the Seattle U Law Community Service Stipend, a one-time $3,000 award which is also offered to candidates who have participated in the Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, VISTA, Teach for America, and other public service projects. Candidates should indicate their service on their law school application or resume.
Other Veteran Services
The Veterans Administration provides reimbursement for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) registration. Learn more at the National Testing Program.
The VA also provides reimbursement for the Washington State Bar Examination. Learn more about this program at WEAMS exams.
- Post 9/11 G.I. Bill®
- Federal Benefits Guide for Veterans, Dependents, and Survivors
- Military Spouse J.D. Network
- Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs
- Washington State Bar Association Legal Assistance to Military Personnel
- Seattle Veteran Center
- Seattle VA Hospital
- VA eBenefits Center
- VA Hotline for Women Veterans